Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Whats been going on?

I must start by saying I love my kids! I think they are wonderful and I'm very lucky to have them in my life. We have been very busy these last few months and it gets harder and harder to find time to update our blog. It has been one thing after another and hopefully things will settle down just a bit. Cam and I were both sick with that nasty cough that never seems to leave, then Slade got sick and had 2 inhalers to help him.
I decided that it would be fun to play in an alumni basketball game at the end of March. Well things didn't turn out with fun in the equation. I somehow managed to hurt my knee and ended up limping around for a few weeks before I got an appointment to get it checked out. Turns out I tore my medial meniscus and had to have surgery. Yah! We were all pretty excited about that.

I had surgery the end of April and was lucky enough to be able to stay at my parents so they could help with the kids. Cam had parent teacher conferences so had to be in Gooding.





It all worked out ok. Since it was Easter weekend he came when he was finished with school and we got to spend some time with both families.


Cam is keeping busy as usually. I'm pretty sure he is counting down the days till school is out. And that means one thing.....football stuff, basketball stuff, and more football stuff. His summer will be busy for sure.


We were wanting to move to a bigger place before summer but it doesn't look like that will happen.





Slade is growing like a weed. He is now 5 months and about 20 pounds. He is a big boy. All he wants to do is eat. He started rice cereal and loved that, then went to vegetables and fruit all of which he can't get enough of. I've been trying to get him on a bottle since my surgery but he is one stubborn boy and wont take it very good. He is just now starting to feel more like himself after having thrush for the second time and 2 ear infections. He rolls over when he wants to and can sit up by himself for the most part. He is a very active baby and likes to be entertained.



Zoey is turning into a little girl. She will be 2 in just a couple of weeks. She has been potty trained for about 2 months now. She can't wait for warmer weather to play outside. She loves outside and I'm sure will spend most of the day out there if she could. Easter was fun with her this year. She loved finding eggs. It was a lot of fun watching her, as she would run up to an egg and yell out the color, sometimes picking it up, sometimes running to another one! She knows her colors and had a fun time finding all the yellow eggs. She can be such a big help around the house and she can be the complete opposite as well.



I've heard of terrible 2's and I can say not real fun, but all kids go through it so I can't complain too much.













It was kinda cold on Easter so Slade had to wear Aunt Alicia's hat. He didnt enjoy it too much.














Zoey likes playing with Slade and showing him how to roll over. Slade would perfer just to watch her.



















He loves cuddling with things, especially around his face.














This was his first time with rice cereal. Not too messy.























Slade can only sit in his chair for a little while. His legs are so big he gets stuck. He takes after his dad with his big thighs.
























Zoey enjoying lunch....about the only time I can get her to smile for a pic.




















Another one of his big smiles. He is a flirt.
















I thought this pic was pretty funny. Not only does it show off his manly belly, but his expression tells all. Obviously these clothes were too small. I had to dig in the diaper bag for emergency back up clothes as he exploded in his and since his clothes are in Zoey's room and she was taking a nap, he suffered through for a little bit.


Not to worry, there are bigger clothes in the bag now!















This is an earlier picture, probably back in early March. I wonder how long they will want to hug each other. I'm sure the fighting will start soon enough.




I know this blog was kinda scattered, but with 2 kids and naps never long enough I did the best I could.



























No comments: